Thursday, August 21, 2008

A few of my favorite pieces...

This is a mural that I painted on the wall above my bed, I'm pretty proud of it. It was actually the first painting I had ever done on a wall. I remember the day I painted it, I was standing on my bed with my music going and singing away, just so happy. I started to lightly sketch it out, and then went straight to the paints. I have no idea how on earth I got it to be symmetrical, and I was shocked that it looked pretty good. When I draw or paint I feel like someone else is really doing the work. It sounds very weird, I know, but I've never taken a lesson or an art class and I didn't really start practicing my drawing until I was an adult, at around 35. I'm sure that any talent I have came from my Gramma Nanny. She was amazing and had a huge amount of untapped ability. I'm going to publish some of her sketches in a future post. They are hysterical. She had a great sense of observation and humor.
This is another piece (and form) of my artwork. This is a mosaic that I made on one of those inexpensive press-board tabletops. I used broken plates and china and had a blast working on it. It took about two months to complete, because I didn't have very much time to devote to working on it.
I like the way it turned out for a first attempt.
I can't pass up a beautiful plate or saucer, just so I can break it up for future projects.



This is my all time favorite painting (that I've done).

I first sketched it, then I added watercolor's, followed by an outline with a super fine technical pen. It was done in 1997 and (of course) it was a gift to my Mom.

We've walked around her house and counted something like 35 or 40 pieces that she has, that are of my creation. She's always been my biggest fan and supporter, so it's fitting that she should have the "Museum of Chrissi" in her home. I photographed this image in the frame on the wall, so that's why the image quality is poor, and there is a glare. I'll get a better scan made down the road and repost it then.

Well those are a few of my things. Hummm, next time I think I'll talk about my garden. See ya!!








1 comment:

*Birgit* said...

Your artwork is amazing -- please keep showing it! :)

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit