Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wonderful Fall...

This is my little slice of heaven... When you're a native Las Vegan like me, you relish the Spring and the Fall because it's the only time you aren't either freezing, or feeling like you're being fried over an open flame. Personally, I love Fall the most, it's such a relief from the heat! So... last Sunday I arranged my little sitting area in my backyard juuusst so... An old soft and cool sheet on the lounge chair, with pillows (check), side tables with magazines, phone, ice cold beer (check), Tiki torches lit (even though it was still daylight... keeps the flies away) (check), a few incense sticks poking out of the flower pots sending little wisps of fragrant air up and dancing around me as I sat in my chair (check) Oh and with my precious "Doja" and my little "Zo" scouting out the area (check-check)... It's times like that when I am just so grateful!!! To have my own home, to be appreciative of my surroundings. I thank God every day!....
Zo is so happy to roll around on the cool river rock and look for crickets and grasshoppers... also, to snack on a few leaves.... She's such a beauty... I especially love the picture of her below...
My Eggplant and Tomato Plants have taken over my tiny little garden plot... and to think I bought them on the half-dead clearance rack... I don't see any actual eggplants growing yet, but the leaves are huge and beautiful. The purple trumpet flower bush (don't know what it's called) started out in a tiny little 4" pot and now look at it. I'm very lucky with my green thumb....

This beautiful Bougainvillea is growing like crazy... I'm trying to train it to grow around my window like a frame... I love it!!!

My friends at work tease me that they expect to walk into my office one day and see me completely enveloped in my plants (like the book "Where the wild things are") I keep having to tack my plants to the wall... They just grow and grow like crazy in my office... I love my office...
See: Well that's a pretty long post if I do say so... Tired now, gotta go to bed... It's Friday tomorrow!!! Yeaaaaa! Always living for the weekend, right?

1 comment:

*Birgit* said...

I really love how much your surroundings say about you -- you are surely a kind, open-minded, and friendly woman who loves animals and plants. :) Your little garden is so inviting and your pets are both so cute. I grew up with a dog and later had a cat, so I know how much joy animals can bring into one's life. Your office looks like a cheery place -- and that's surely something not everyone can say! Thanks for sharing those peeks into your life in Las Vegas. BTW, I wrote my MA thesis about the history and development of an entertainment culture in Las Vegas, so the city has a special place in my heart.

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit